I have lots of goals at work for the coming year and they all deal with productivity and making the Pediatric Unit a better place for patients and my nurses, but this year, I am making life goals that are highly attainable for myself. I have beat myself up for not reaching New Year's Resolutions in the past. And I will refuse to do it this time. Dammit.
So. Here are my life resolutions for 2008.
- Do something scrappy once a week. This has been such a time consuming job, that I have not had the time to do something relaxing and cathartic like I used to. If it's cleaning and organizing my studio, or making a card, or catching up on my blog and others' blogs, etc., I vow to do SOMETHING! Dammit.
- Take more everyday photos. Not publishable quality photos. Really bad ones that are blurry and show my triple chins. This year, I don't care about photoshop. I will show everyone my big butt and frizzy fro. Dammit.
- Spend a date night once a week with my husband. This way, I don't feel guilty for taking advantage of him. Ha.
- Read more books. I have a list of books I have always wanted to read and I just have not gotten to them. I want to visit the local library more so that I don't spend money on things I can get for free. The thing is---I owe them late fees from one and a half years ago (blush). So, with the new year, I will have to take care of that. :) Also, I think it's kind of gross that other people have touched those books, says the germophobe. I will just have to stock up on germicidal wipes.
- Get on that darn treadmill more. OK, so I have forgotten the treadmill ever since I started this 40 hour a week job. I feel exhausted most of the time, but that is a symptom of a bigger problem. I probably feel exhausted because I have not been on the treadmill. If it's just 15 minutes, I will get on the treadmill at least 3 times a week. Dammit.
So what are your plans for the new year? :)